ClamXav is a free virus checker for Mac OS X. It uses the tried, tested and very popular ClamAV open source antivirus engine as a back end.
- command-line scanner
fast, multi-threaded daemon
- milter interface for sendmail
- database updater with support for digital signatures
- virus scanner C library
- on-access scanning (Linux® and FreeBSD)
- detection of over 60.000 viruses, worms and trojans
built-in support for RAR (2.0), Zip, Gzip, Bzip2, Tar, MS OLE2, MS
Cabinet files, MS CHM (Compressed HTML), MS SZDD
- built-in support for mbox, Maildir and raw mail files
built-in support for Portable Executable files compressed with UPX,
FSG, and Petite
Clam AntiVirus is a GPL anti-virus toolkit for UNIX.
The main purpose of this software is the integration with mail servers
The package provides a flexible and scalable multi-threaded daemon, a
command line scanner, and a tool for automatic updating via Internet. The
programs are based on a shared library distributed with the Clam AntiVirus
package, which you can use with your own software.
Most importantly, the virus database is kept up to date .